Twenty-seven California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently highlighted by the Los Angeles Business Journal as some of the best companies to work for in Los Angeles.
The list, published annually for the past 13 years, commends businesses that conduct exceptional business and provide a workplace that prioritizes their employees’ well-being.
The list was broken into three categories according to the size of the company: small companies with 25-49 employees, medium-sized companies with 50-249 employees and large companies with at least 250 employees.
The 27 CalChamber member companies that made the list are:
• Adams Stirling Professional Law Corporation, a statewide law firm, ranked No. 20. The firm offers a generous benefits package to its employees, including paid Bar dues and in-house training.
• Hughes Marino, a commercial real estate firm, ranked No. 1. CEOs Shay and Jason Hughes strive to make the office another home for their staff, investing in their personal growth and development.
• Bolton & Company, an insurance brokerage, ranked No. 4. Employee-owned, Bolton & Company grants employees the opportunity to have a direct hand in the success and direction of the business.
• tk1sc, which placed at No. 7, ensures that its clients’ buildings are safe and environmentally-friendly. Among tklsc’s many perks are a competitive salary, full medical benefits and half days every Friday.
• CNM LLP, a technical advisory firm, ranked No. 8. CNM employees are recipient to a compensation package that includes up to 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 15-20 vacation days.
• P2S Inc., an engineering and construction management firm, came in at No. 9. The company pours a generous amount of energy and funds into improving its employees through paid staff professional memberships and external training.
• Raines Feldman LLP, a labor law firm, ranked No. 11. Its lawyers serve on the boards of nonprofit organizations, spend their free time volunteering and get involved in political campaigns.
• Paramount Global, a packaging company, placed at No. 20. The goals of the company are to strengthen its employees’ skills and always live up to its “RICE” values: Respect, Integrity, Communication and Excellence.
• Evite, Inc., an online and social event planning service, nabbed the No. 27 spot. The company’s management prioritizes the mental and physical health of its employees, making sure to recognize their success with bonuses and awards.
• Los Angeles Federal Credit Union, a credit union, placed at No. 29. The company provides a generous benefits package for its employees, including health and life insurance, paid time off and a retirement plan.
• Prodege, LLC, a media company consisting of loyalty-programs like SwagBucks and MyPoints, came in at No. 30. The company’s many perks include a 401k, flexible vacation hours and membership to recreational clubs.
• Windes, an accounting firm, ranked No. 31. The firm prides itself on investing in the professional development of its employees, giving them technical training, coaching and mentoring.
• CoverHound, an online policy comparison provider, placed at No. 35. CoverHound employees are welcome to a broad range of perks: professional development opportunities, leadership coaching and employee wellness programs.
To read the full article, head over to Cal Chamber Advocacy.